Don't be fooled by the Second Coming of Christ as many were at His First Coming. Compare the similarities and differences between the first coming vs the second coming of Jesus. Here below are some thought to ponder when studying the subject: “For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.” Romans 15:4
Compare the birth of Jesus events with getting ready for the second coming events.
1. God has a plan to have His people in the right place at the right time. For Birth of Jesus: The decree to send Joseph & Mary to Bethlehem for Jesus’s birth For Second Coming of Christ: We are called to come out of Babylon and worship our Creator in preparation for meeting Jesus the second time.
2. God gives opportunity to receive His Son, Jesus. For Birth of Jesus: Joseph & Mary asked for room at the inn but no room was available. For Second Coming of Christ: Jesus is asking for room in our hearts. If we turn Him away we won’t be ready for meeting Jesus the second time.
3. God’s way is often an unexpected way for us. For Birth of Jesus: Jesus was born in an unexpected place—a stable. For Second Coming of Christ: We may be at a most unexpected time or place in our life experience when Jesus comes the Second time.
4. So much indifference about Jesus everywhere. For Birth of Jesus: Despite many Bible predictions, most people were unaware of Jesus being born. For Second Coming of Christ: Many people are unaware or deceived of Jesus coming the Second time.
5. God sends His angels to announce, protect and warn. For Jesus’ birth: Angels came to the shepherds to announce Jesus’ birth. For Second Coming of Christ: Three angels’ messages given to us to call us from lives of confusion and to call us to worship our Creator/Redeemer/Saviour.
6. We are given opportunity to worship through sharing. For Birth of Jesus: Wise men brought gold, myrrh, and frankincense. For Second Coming of Christ: We can bring physical gifts, time, and talents but most of all ourselves, our hearts to Jesus.
7. There is an enemy out to destroy. For Birth of Jesus: King Herod turned around a good request of looking for the newborn king to a search to kill the Promised One. For Second Coming of Christ: Satan turns around truths to make them into lies and to confuse whoever he can about the signs and being ready for Jesus to come the second time.
8. Sincere hearts truly seeking what is right will be rewarded. For Birth of Jesus: The wise men were warned in a dream not to return to Herod. For Second Coming of Christ: We have the promise of angels to encamp around those who love and trust God as they prepare for Jesus’ second coming.
In conclusion, I am thankful for the record of Jesus’ birth in the Bible and also for the promise of Jesus’ return a second time. I want to be ready. How about you?
To learn more about the second coming of Jesus and what the Bible has to say about the subject, contact us for personal Bible studies. If you'd prefer to do them online, click here.
3200 South Athol Road Athol, Ma 01331
What friends Are Saying...
"Come for the message... stay for the people!" -Amanda.
"You just have to check out this cute,friendly country church...that preaches the word of God" -Chris W.